The Satellite Systems Engineer Subject Matter Expert (SME) will support the JSpOC Mission System (JMS) Integration Test and Evaluation Team at SPAWAR San Diego, CA. The individual will work with various stakeholders and test multi-million dollar software architecture installation, refresh, and upgrade plans for multiple sites. The person will oversee the final testing to ensure all customer requirements are satisfied.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in requirements management including writing test procedures, test shells, and test cases to verify successful testing of Software Requirements Specifications (SRS) and their parent Architecture Requirements Development (ARD).
- Provide satellite Subject Matter Expert (SME) assistance to the Configuration Management (CM), Depot
- Software Quality Improvement (SQI), IT&E, Hardware/Infrastructure, Information Assurance (IA), Security and Management teams.
- Support developers with creation of their specific software for integration into JMS.
- Support management in decisions regarding acceptance of a developer’s product.
- Deliver multiple demonstrations of integrated software product for developers, program management civilians and senior level management.
- Travel 10% of time to support the program through requirements meetings, software testing events, or assisting new developers.
- Top Secret security clearance with SCI eligibility
- Security+ or CISSP Certification
- Have, or have within 90 days of employment, DOD 8570.1M IATI/IATII Certification. (i.e. Linux+ (Exams LX0-101 and LX0-102) and Windows Server 2012 R2 (Microsoft 70-410 & 70-411))
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or similar degree from an accredited university.
- An additional 4 years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Systems/Software Support: 3 years – 5 years
- Strong communications skills and the ability to interface effectively with users, customers, management, and other engineering personnel.
- Ability to learn rapidly.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Microsoft Office
- Systems Architecture
- Systems Engineering
Company Hiring Policy
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, gender Identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, or other status protected by law.