SPAWAR Systems Center Pacific (SSC PAC) provides engineering support for the DoD. The Rapid Integration and Testing Environment (RITE) engineering team support customers with all aspects of software and systems development. This includes assisting with Continuous Integration and DevOps setup, providing training, debugging, and application administration. This role will expose the candidate to the key DoD projects and learn about all the different and latest technologies within the DoD. The main duty for this job is to administer our RHEL Linux systems that host the tools to perform the software engineering.
The prospective candidate will be part of an Engineering team in San Diego that will be part of the infrastructure team that will host all the applications required for the projects to perform software engineering best practices. The ideal candidate will handle the Linux OS level issues, as well as work in a team to support software application, database, VM setup, and security issues.
- 10 years’ experience in Linux system administration
- Must be knowledgeable in:
- cli tools such as ifconfig, route, ip. Kernal, iptables, Apache
- Backup of system using tar, rsync
- Boot process and change things at boot. (GRUB or LILO)
- cron scripting
- Folder/disk re-allocation such as LVM, mounting, partition using fdisk
- Alternatives utility
- Software application administration experience
- Database administration experience
- VMWare experience
- DoD OS level security knowledge
- Active Clearance – Minimum SECRET
- Required: Bachelor’s, Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering.
- Certification: Security clearance, Security+
- Preferred Certification: Linux+, RHCE
- Desired Certification: IAT II
Desired System Skills:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Initiative in conducting research
- Able to work independently, ask for help when needed, work with team members on larger tasks, and give assistance when others need it