JOB DESCRIPTION NUMBER: 003
Provide Configuration Management (CM) support to the assigned Program of Record (PoR). Duties include establishing and maintaining consistency of PoR CM product’s performance, functional, and physical attributes throughout the life of the program. Responsible for managing and tracking the final delivery of all program level Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and assisting in writing as necessary. CM support specialist will be responsible for documenting meeting agendas for Engineering Review Board (ERB), Configuration Control Board (CCB) meetings, along with distributing artifacts pertaining to those meetings to the appropriate personnel. Meeting Minutes will be distributed to the Project Manager for ERB signature and approval. CM Support Specialist will be responsible for tracking Action Items applicable to the ERB and CCB meetings. Effectively communicate with developers, team members, and other PoR personnel. Simultaneously manage multiple software baselines generated by the program. Manage change requests throughout the system lifecycle.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides oversight and management of JMS documentation and software code on the Wiki, Jira, and SVN
- Manages the shipping and receiving software, and track Computer Software Configuration Items (CSCI) in the CM inventory
- Answers Media requests to include inventory/tracking of all incoming and outgoing media
- Receives Release Management of developer deliveries to include exporting and importing in Subversion, scanning, duplicating media and shipping
- Receives, tracks, processes and delivers artifacts for CCRs and iCCRs
- Writes, Reviews and maintain SOPs to implement policy and streamline processes used on the program
- Minimum of 5 years Configuration Management experience
- Good technical writing, documentation, and communication skills are required
- Comfortable working with Multiple personalities and outside resources
- Strong understanding of enterprise, network, system and application level security issues
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Able to work independently, ask for help when needed, work with team members on larger tasks, and give assistance when others need it
- Familiar with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Active Clearance – Minimum SECRET
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Pdf)
- CMPro experience
- CMMI Certificate
Company Hiring Policy
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, gender Identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, or other status protected by law.